Board of Directors
Leslie Caimi, President
Leslie is a Colorado native – having graduated from Heritage High School and Metropolitan State College. Leslie and husband, Carl, have lived in the Inter Canyon Fire Protection District for 15 years. Prior to that they lived in Ken Caryl Ranch.
Leslie is an Event Planner, having organized multiple large cycling events, fund-raising walks and community events (such as the Big Chili Cook-off). She is also an Executive Wine Sommelier.
Jennifer Volkman, Secretary
Karl Firor, Treasurer
Karl Firor, a 1975 graduate of Colorado State University, received his Masters in Taxation from the University of Denver in 1981. Karl is a practicing Certified Public Accountant in Colorado.
During his many years in practice, Karl has concentrated his attention on business and income tax planning, real estate transactions and exchanges. He is also an expert in retirement issues including stock options; IRA distributions and periodic payment calculations.
Karl maintains active memberships in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants as well as the Colorado Society of CPA's. He holds a current Colorado broker's real estate license. This strong background allows Karl to provide litigation support for attorneys and insurance companies. His experience has provided a foundation for expert witness testimony.
One of Karl's business objectives is to develop a long-term relationship with his clients. He believes that this can be accomplished by providing personal attention, solving business problems and meeting the individual needs of his clients. Karl is married with one son and resides in the Conifer area.
My career with the ICFPD started on August 13, 1964 as a volunteer firefighter. I retired from active duty August 30th, 1997 and in the interim period was a Line Officer and Fire Marshal as well as a member of the District Board and President of the Pension Board. I served as a expert witness in various fire department related court cases.
During my tenure on ICFPD I attended and graduated from various fire and rescue related courses and seminars; Radiological Monitoring, Fire Safety Officer, Fire Department Insurance & Finance Administration, Incident Command, Arson Detection, Hazardous Material Incident Control, Advanced First Aid and First Responder Training culminating in graduation from the National Fire Academy in 1974.
As a life and reserve member of the ICFPD I continue to attend Business and Board Meetings and always enjoy the camaraderie and friendship of others as well as offering advice based on experience whenever it is asked for. Recently I was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors and I enjoy serving on the Board and find I could further contribute to the welfare of the Districts residents and to the firefighters by providing the best possible fire protection rescue service and equipment.
Education and Professional Experience:
- Basic Education and Technical Education at the Technical High School, Tuebingen, Germany
- Internship at the Laboratory for Technical Physics, Graduation as Electric & Electronic Tech
- US Army Avionics Specialist 1st Class 87 TAAM Company Stuttgart Germany, Honorable Discharge 1954
- Western Electric Co. Omaha Nebr. Central Office Equipment Test Technician and Team Leader “A”
- Attended Omaha University and Craigton University, Graduated from NWM State University ASSO. Tech 1960
- Lockheed Martin Co. Titan 1 & Titan 3 Program Test Technician “A” 1960/64
- Attended and graduated from the NWM State University Insurance Broker Program in 1964
- In 1965 opened Dreher Insurance Agency in Littleton, CO, representing 12 insurance companies for 30 years.